You are here:
TWC Choral Ensembles Host Spring Tour
The Ensembles are touring the region March 6 - 8, 2011. Alumni and friends of the College are invited to attend the free performances and meet the ensemble members and fine arts faculty.
The Tennessee Wesleyan College Fine Arts Department and Choral Ensembles (Concert Choir, Chorale and Vox Humana) will perform a spring concerts at the following locations:
- Sunday, March 6: First United Methodist Church Sevierville (10:45 a.m. service with Interim President Stan Harrison)
- Sunday, March 6: Mafair United Methodist Church, Kingsport, TN (6 p.m. concert, free to public)
- Monday, March 7: performance at Sullivan South High School, Kingsport, TN (9 a.m.)
- Monday, March 7: State Street United Methodist Church (7 p.m. concert, free to public)
- Tuesday, March 8: performance at Karns High School, Knoxville, TN (12:15 p.m.)
Alumni and friends of the College are invited to attend the free performance and meet the choir members and fine arts faculty.
Tour repertoire will include selections by Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms, Bruckner, and Mathias; as well as contemporary American selections by Cary John Franklin, Eric Barnum, Eric Whitacre, Moses Hogan, and many more.
The fine arts are a vital part of a Tennessee Wesleyan College education and the College community. Since its founding as Athens Female College, music, art and theater have served as a basis for learning and expressing creativity. The Department comprises baccalaureate programs in art, music and theater, and its music organizations, including the Concert Choir, Chorale and Vox Humana, are strong representatives of the College’s student body. All students are eligible for admission to the music organizations through auditions. The ensembles perform sacred and secular literature for the College, the local community, churches and high schools through extended tours.