Why Tennessee Wesleyan?
Chartered in 1857 as a small, private liberal arts college, Tennessee Wesleyan College continues its tradition today as an important center of learning in southeast Tennessee.
Our academic experience is grounded in a general education curriculum that encourages critical thinking, creative problem solving, written and verbal communication, interdisciplinary study, experiential learning and global awareness.
Campus and residential life is shaped by students who join dozens of clubs and organizations, play NAIA Division II sports, lead campus events, take active roles in the community and cherish the College's traditions.
Tennessee Wesleyan has so much to offer you as an individual to lead you to the next step in your life, whether it be graduate school or a career.
If you're ready to apply for admission to Tennessee Wesleyan College, just enter your email address and a password, then complete and submit our online application. You may mail in your application fee and any other required documents.
How do I apply?
To be considered for admission to Tennessee Wesleyan College, international students must:
- Complete an International Student Application for admissions and submit it with a $25 (US) application fee.
- Present an official transcript (academic record) in a certified translation to English if their native language is other than English.
- Submit to Tennessee Wesleyan College and official copy of the TOEFL score, which must be at least 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer based), or 79 (Internet based) to gain admission to the College.
- If transferring from another college in the United States, submit the appropriate I-20 transfer forms, copy of I-94 card, and meet the College's transfer admission requirements.
- International students are required to pay the balance for tuition, room, board, and fees (less institutional aid) for the fall semester charges by July 1 and by December 1 for the spring semester charges. An I-20 will be issued and signed by the Designated School Official (DSO) after the advance payment is received. International students are encouraged to make application early to avoid delays. Routing instructions for electronic fund transfers from international banks are available in the College Business Office (423) 746-5262. Payments must be made in U.S. dollars. VISA and MasterCard are accepted.
- All international students who are receiving Tennessee Wesleyan College institutional aid will be required to reside in the residence halls. Foreign nationals who receive no institutional aid and meet all the criteria to move off campus, may choose to do so, but are not encouraged to select this option.