You are here:
TWC 101 Peer Leaders
Congratulations Fall 2014 TWC 101/102 Peer Leaders!
Peer Leaders will work in teaching teams with TWC 101 faculty to mentor, instruct, and help our first-year students acclimate to life on campus. Peer Leaders will gain valuable leadership experience while serving a vital role in our first-year experience program. Students will earn 15 hours of Service-Learning credit by serving as a TWC 101 Peer Leader.
2014-2015 TWC 101/102 Peer Leaders
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as an advocate for the interests, needs, and rights of first-year TWC students
- Serve as a mentor for academic, co-curricular, and leadership involvement
- Help students adjust and become academically successful
- Attend all class meetings of your TWC 101/102 classes
- Assist in planning of syllabus, course content, and class logistics
- Assist in facilitating class discussions
- Communicate regularly with TWC 101/102 students
- Serve as a liaison for student feedback to instructor
- Assist in evaluation of students’ work