You are here:
Tennessee Wesleyan College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, or ethnic group in education programs or employment activities, nor does the college discriminate against qualified handicapped or disabled persons.
Assistant or Associate Chemistry Professor
The Department of Natural Sciences of Tennessee Wesleyan College in Athens Tennessee invites applications for a tenure-track position in Chemistry at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor scheduled to start in August 2016. A terminal degree in Chemistry is required. The successful candidate will have the ability to teach the following courses and associated labs for science majors: a two-semester sequence of General Chemistry; a two-semester sequence of Analytical Chemistry; a two-semester sequence of Physical Chemistry; Inorganic Chemistry; and other teaching assignments as needed by the college and department. These courses may include a service/learning component.
This position will require the successful candidate to advise students; serve on college committees; assess/evaluate instruction, courses, and programs; participate in community service, departmental meetings, curriculum planning, and student recruitment and retention activities. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong commitment to collegiality throughout their tenure at Tennessee Wesleyan College.
Interested individuals should electronically submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a one page summary of teaching philosophy, and three letters of recommendation that can address the candidate’s ability or potential to educate, and unofficial copies of transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Adjunct Instructor Early Childhood Education
The Department of Education at Tennessee Wesleyan College in Athens, Tennessee, invites immediate applications for an adjunct instructor to teach Early Childhood education courses for the spring term, beginning January 11, 2016. Requirements include a Master’s in Early Childhood Education or Curriculum and Instruction with 18 graduate hours in early childhood education or Ph.D. in Education with18 graduate hours in the discipline. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Qualified applicants should e-mail a cover letter, vita, and unofficial transcripts to Dr. Patricia Ging at email@example.com.
Assistant Director of Adult and Online Admissions
Tennessee Wesleyan College invites applicants for the position of Assistant Director of Adult and Online Admissions. This full-time position is responsible for all aspects of recruitment from initial contact through matriculation of students in designated recruitment areas.
• Represent the college in external recruitment activities, as well as meeting with prospective students, reviewing applications, and maintaining communications with students
• Travel will be required to represent the college at fairs and recruitment activities
• Assist with the planning and execution of on-campus admissions events
• Participate in staff development workshops and seminars
• Represent the department on college and community committees
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President or Vice President
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required and experience in higher education or adult recruitment preferred. Candidate must have strong written and verbal interpersonal communication skills with the ability to speak or present to large groups. The candidate must possess strong computer and organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple projects with a high level of accuracy within a fast paced environment and frequent interruptions. Candidates are required to handle information in a confidential and professional manner. The successful candidate must be able to work independently, as part of a team, and be goal oriented. Resumes will be accepted through September 25, 2015 and should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Athletic Development and Corporate Relations
The Director of Athletic Development will be responsible for the planning and implementation of programs and projects that strategically engage alumni and community partners. The Director will promote TWC’s athletic programs while securing financial resources for Athletics and the TWC Annual Fund.
The Director of Athletic Development will collaborate closely with advancement and athletic colleagues to increase support from athletic alumni, Hall of Fame members, parents of athletes, corporate partners and others.
Major Duties Include:
• Plan, implement and promote athletic games and events through alumni and community engagement throughout the year
• Develop overall short and long range plans for athletic and corporate annual giving by setting goals and objectives• Provide consultation for team fundraising efforts
• Organize and manage all aspects and segments of athletic and annual giving strategies including Bulldog Club, season ticket sales, championship fund, special projects, direct mail appeals, online giving, and personal visits for athletic and annual fund gifts
• Organize quarterly meetings with the Athletic Advisory Council
• In collaboration with the advancement and athletic staff, recruit, oversee and motivate volunteers and their activities as they relate to athletic and annual giving, and maintain timely communication with those volunteers
• Work in conjunction with the Vice President for Advancement and the Athletic Director to solicit leadership gifts ($1,000 or more) from key volunteers and selected prospects
• Work in collaboration with the Advancement Coordinator to manage annual stewardship correspondence with constituents and oversee acknowledgement of gifts as part of the advancement gift receipting and acknowledgement policy
• Work collaboratively with the Advancement Specialist to use Jenzabar software to manage and execute nearly every aspect of the athletic and annual fund’s operation
.• Work with the Athletic Director, Advancement Specialist and Vice President for Advancement to analyze results and strategize next steps.
• Bachelor’s Degree with experience in sales or marketing
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues, alumni and the public
• Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail• High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com.